Sunday 31 July 2016

Classic Savory Restaurant [REVIEW]



For those of you who craves for a classic inexpensive Filipino-Chinese cuisine, you might want to consider and visit Classic Savory restaurant. It is a simple, clean yet classy restaurant wherein it serves fresh, delectable and unpretentious Filipino-Chinese dishes which will definitely satisfy your Asian food craving. 

 


The branch we visited was the one at SM Muntinlupa National Highway, Tunasan, Muntinlupa City.   The restaurant can be easily found because it is just located at its ground floor. Oh, and a little caution: it is not advisable to go there during weekends especially during lunch hours because I am telling you, that place is jam packed with hungry people waiting in line to be seated! This particular branch is not so spacious  to accommodate the wave of people coming so, you might want to go there early or just be as patient as we were! Lol
Here's a snap of their menu:

 


 
 
Classic Savory opens from 10am-9pm

 
The dishes we ordered:
 
    1. Hot and Sour Soup 



     
  • Firstly, I want to applaude them for this generous amount of serving considering its justifiable price (see menu), for a group of 5-6 people, this will surely quench your thirst for soup. Secondly, let's discuss the taste-- this is not the best I have tasted so far (I personally love Wee Nam Kee's), the sourness of the soup really tasted like raw acid. I mean, it doesn't have that clean sharp taste of dark vinegar like the other recipes for hot and sour. It tastes exactly like a regular suka (vinegar). It's really sour that it really forgot the other element which is the hotness/spiciness of the soup--all I tasted was the sourness. I actually had to sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper to my liking just so my palate can be save from all those sourness! Lastly, I have to give it to them, the other components of the soup like the meat, mushrooms, veggies, thickness and color of the soup is perfect. It's tolerable.
Rating: 2.5/5
 
    2. Miki Bihon Binondo
  • Filipinos are suckers for pancit! I myself are one of them! Classic Savory has a wide variety of noodle dishes where you can choose from a soup base dish or a stir fried one. This particular dish is claimed to be their best selling noodle dish together with their Long Life Pancit Canton. I really love how the noodles are very well seasoned and not over cooked. Most pancits are very oily and sweet, sometimes, too salty for my liking--but this one is very delicious! What I really appreciate is their special kikiam on top of every serving of this dish. It is not your typical kikiam that you've tasted in the streets. This one has big chunks of meat and veggies minus the awful preservatives. Ratio of noodles and veggies is quite reasonable. Thank you to our Chinese friends who greatly influenced Binondo in terms of food.
  • Rating: 4/5
     
    3. Sweet and Sour Pork
  • Not really a fan of any sweet and sour dish to be honest and what aggravates my unlikeliness to eat this dish is that the pork cutlet should be crispy and kind of thick. I'm quite upset because the pieces of deep fried pork is so thin that i thought I'm eating a tapa. Not crispy as well--I'm very sad. But have to commend them for the taste. Decent though. 
Rating: 3.5/5
 
    4. Lumpiang Shanghai
     
 
 
  • Famous dish in every party here in the Philippines, lumpiang shanghai is that one food that can't be ommitted in every food gathering. It may also be called egg rolls and others call it spring rolls. I call it shanghai lol. It's a tasty deep fried roll wrapped in a flour made wrapper wherein the filling is a mixture of meat,veggies and asian seasonings. They serve 16 pieces of these in a platter which I think is a very good deal for a dining family of 4-5. Did I also tell you that the filling is unpretentious and very generous? Siksik sa laman is a good way to describe it. 
Rating: 5/5
 
    5. Chopseuy
  • In every family eating out, there's always mom asking for a veggie dish. But let me tell you something about this, it's bland. I don't know if a veggie dish was suppose to be that tasteless in order for you to get a hold of that "crisp" and "real" taste of the vegetables.  My mom even complained that the veggie dish was at least 80% made with cabbage. Chopseuy is a stir fried dish with an assortment of veggies--here in the photo you can clearly tell that what we ordered was a stir fried cabbage! Lol other components such as the meat, liver and shrimp are not really generously incorporated in the dish. Sad.
 
Rating: 2/5
 
 
    6. Fish Fillet Tofu Chili Garlic
     
  • Lately I've been craving for fish dishes as it was kind of healthy and low in fat. This dish is very worthy of your every penny. The serving was really a lot and big blocks of deep fried cream dory and tofu was wedded in a chili garlic sauce. If you're not a big fan of garlic, then dont bother. If you're not used to eating fish, likewise do not bother. At least give it a try anyway. The sauce might taste a little bit salty, but it is suppose to be eaten with rice, so don't worry; it will be a perfect balance after all. Fish is so clean and mild, definitely no over powering fishy taste. 
Rating: 5/5


For our drinks, we just opted to have some glasses of water because that's how we roll ;)




Disclaimer: This is not my first time to eat in this restaurant, however, the dishes that I will be featuring haven't been tasted by me in any circumstance and I just also wanted to try something new for myself, you could try it too--any negative or partial comment made in this blog is only for the purpose of constructive criticism and is only MY personal opinion and liking. This post is not intended to prejudice, discourage or offend any individual, restaurant owners or their cooks. So, hold your horses! If you don't like it, then don't try it ;) not forcing you.✌

No comments:

Post a Comment